Right after New Years, my mom's side of the family took a trip to Orlando! We all expected to get a little tan and experience some warm weather. But!! The week we went, Florida happened to be experiencing record breaking lows, low windchill, and even snow! I think I saw the sun 2 out of the 5 days! :(
Everyone met at our house late Saturday night to drive down to Florida. I had to work a couple extra days so I flew in later. My dad, Uncle Larry, Stacey and the girls, and I all flew out Wednesday night. After our plane was delayed a couple minutes, we finally boarded as the snow was hitting St. Louis fast! I was starting to get nervous as I was sitting on the plane anxiously waiting to take off. We arrived safely, got all our luggage, and loaded up the two cars!
Kalina and Uncle D (mid yawn) - Kalina LOVES the computer.
Thursday was spent all day at Disney. Stacey and Abbey spent the day at Magic Kingdom while we headed to Hollywood Studio's. We had a small group (Jenna, Sarah, Derrick, Kristen, Lori, Aunt Marita, Annise, and I) but it was fun to run around like kids without any kids! We went on a ton of rides, saw some shows...my favorite was Little Mermaid, Jenna, Annise, and I had our picture with Woody and Buzz, and had our signature Mickey Mouse dilly bar. Toy story was the newest ride and we went on that twice! We waited in line for about an hour the second time but it was completely worth it because it's a really fun ride!
Holly giving Kalina a kiss. They had a play date while everyone went to Disney.
Friday and Saturday were spent relaxing, shopping, and hanging out with the family. Each night we all met for a big dinner! It was fun to be with everyone.
Jenna and I at dinner Friday night.
Stacey and Abbey at dinner.
Sunday, my mom's van took off for home early in the morning. My dad, Aunt Di, Lori, Uncle Larry, and Uncle Al all got ready to watch Kristen and Stacey run their marathon. It was so cold but they did great. It was really neat to be there and cheer them on. 26.2 miles can't be easy! I don't think I'll ever accomplish that but maybe a half marathon. The rest of the day was spent relaxing as the girls recuperated from their long work out. We played games, made an ice cream trip, and went to bed early as we had to be up by 4:00 a.m. for our early morning flights!
Mission Accomplished!
Yep - We made signs for them. :)
It was a great trip but I wish I could go back since we missed the warmth!
No comments:
Post a Comment