Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dinner with the Schallert Girls

Tuesday night Jenna and I took Mary and Grace to dinner.  We let them pick so they picked Red Robin.  I had never been so I was excited to try something new.  It's always a fun time with the girls.  Grace is such a free-spirited kid and will say just about anything.  She's just a wild little child! Earlier in the day she told Jenna that a hobo was a drunk person who doesn't have a home and is dirty.  She's only in 1st grade!!


Mary is complete opposite and a lot more chill than.   Mary told us about her "boyfriend prospect" who she occasionally texts.  They are in 6th grade....it's just crazy how fast times change!  I feel like they are so young!


It's really sad because their mom just recently passed away and it was very sudden.  On top of coping with that, their dad was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago and is still undergoing treatment.  So, they've had a lot of adjusting to do within their house as their grandparents have basically taken over.  I don't know how they do because there are also 3 year old twin boys who are MANIACS!! 


Gracie and me

Jenna and Mary 


I know they have a rough road ahead of them.  I can't imagine what the kids are thinking or going through.  They've been like little sisters to us and I just hope Jenna and I can be there for the girls as much as they need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment